In Bastrop ISD, we use co-teaching as one strategy to ensure the most positive outcomes for students with disabilities. There are numerous benefits to a co-teaching arrangement:
1. Students with disabilities access the general education curriculum in a general education classroom.
2. Students with disabilities STILL receive specialized instruction based on their needs.
3. Teachers who co-teach learn from each other's expertise and expand the scope of their own instructional capacity and practice.
4. Co-teaching can reduce the stigma associated with pull-out programs.
5. Both students with disabilities and non-disabled students may feel more connected to one another, building empathy and understanding.
The free Beyond the Bell (BTB) After School Program is now open for registration for 5th - 12th grades at https://bisdtx.ce.eleyo.com/child-care/3/btb-after-school-program. This program is open Monday - Thursday beginning 8/21/17 through 5/10/17. Students must be registered to attend.
If you have questions, please contact Barbara Gaona at email@example.com or via phone at 512-772-7179.
Are you considering applying to the Colorado River Collegiate Academy in 2016-17? Hear what current students are saying about CRCA!Uploaded Nov 03, 2016 by Manuel Pina to About Us and Students